Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lovely Literature

Currently reading: Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy (Translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky)



Having recently finished my fourth Jane Austen novel, Emma, I am certainly back into the “reader of classics” mood yet again. And good thing too, considering how many Barnes and Nobles Classics await my attention on my bookshelf! But being in that mind set, I realized my absolute need for “one of the world’s greatest novels”… and more Jane Austen. So, I ordered both Mansfield Park and Anna Karenina on Amazon and am now knee-deep in the latter: 817 meaty pages of 19th century Russia and all of its social scandal! I also just bought Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. So many books, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment