Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quote It

For my birthday, my best friend Rose gave me a journal with the Eiffel Tower, a list of well-known European cities, and some other beautiful images on the cover. I wasn't sure what I wanted to use it for, but I knew I wanted to to be something I'd want to keep and use for a long time. I finally came up with a solution... an inspirational quotes book. The idea for it came from A Walk to Remember, the film adaptation (the book with the 1 Corinthians 13 quote in it that Jamie gives to Landon).

My book is already half filled with everything from movie or book quotes to Dr. Seuss quotes, Marilyn Monroe quotes, inspirational poems, song lyrics, my favorite Bible verses, and other gorgeous words of wisdom. I figured this would be a great book to pull out whenever I'm having a bad day or need a little advice about life, love, and dreams. It's got everything from Nicholas Sparks to e.e. cummings, Star Wars and Nietzsche, Remember Me, Dead Poet's Society, 10 Things I Hate About You, and so much more.

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

Also, here are a few pictures I've snapped in the last week of the amazing sky:






More images of the tree can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment