Saturday, March 12, 2011

Andy, You're a Star (2/16/11)

I would bet that most of you know who Andy Warhol is or at least would recognize a couple of his pieces of artwork. I, personally, find him to be one of my main artistic inspirations. He took pop art to a new level, practically defining this new-then art form with his colorful silk-screens of mundane objects and iconic celebs. A few of my favorites of his include his Marilyn Monroe works, Flowers, and Shoes. He’s also quite famous for painting a Campbell’s soup can.



I tried my hand at creating my own Warhol-esque image in Photoshop, but it definitely doesn’t work as well with a brunette. Here it is:



And for those of you that are unfamiliar with The Killers, the title of this post is a song of their’s.


So I was flipping around in my latest issue of TeenVogue (March 2011) and happened to find, not one, but two cameos of Andy Warhol’s work.


The first is a Bond NO. 9 Andy Warhol Union Square Candle and the second, Andy Warhol’s Eye as a part of their “Cyberspy” article.
Where can you spy more Warhol inspired items?

No comments:

Post a Comment