Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clouds in my Coffee (2/5/11)

Coffee is marvelous!! But in order to discuss coffee and my photo, I must tell you all a story… So today, I partook in a local snow sculpture contest where my group and I worked outside in the snow from 7 a.m. until about 2:30 p.m. A few things happened: One- My group made a living room out of snow and ate our lunch while sitting on our frozen couch, two- we came in 2nd place and I received my very first trophy… ever!!! And three- I learned how hideous I look in snowpants that are already a couple of sizes too big!! (The snow sculpture being a form of art and the fact that snowpants rarely look fashionable are the only reasons this story fits in with my blog.) And even though I was already able to come home with said trophy, my day was made significantly better by the incredible aroma of caramel coffee as I walked through the door. So I figured, today would be a nice day to share my love for coffee and show you all my favorite coffee cup, which ironically fits in with my blog perfectly. You see… my beloved coffee mug (which was a birthday gift from my friend Katie M.) is a prime example of damask. Thus the point of this lengthy post. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment