Saturday, March 12, 2011

Drawn to Death (3/8/11)

Here are a few pictures I’ve taken over the last nine months of this absolutely incredible tree. “The Tree,” known by most in the vicinity, sits all alone in the middle of a field directly across from my high school. No one knows why this tree stands out so much, because it’s not uncommon to see one lone tree in the middle of a field, and yet we can’t help but notice this poor, dying thing. I’ve even had relatives that don’t live here notice the tree and comment on it. Though I don’t have some über-professional camera, I do really like these images. I’ve always wanted to attempt drawing this tree, but figured snapping a few pictures each season would be an easier solution.


Summer

Fall

Winter

In the summer picture, there's a deer hidden in the background, and in the fall image, you can see the moon behind the tree. You can’t tell in the photo, but that evening as I drove past it, I could see every detail in the moon, despite it still being bright outside. Here it is in color:


No comments:

Post a Comment