Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Ghost in the Machine

In my art class, we’ve been testing out a number of different art forms. One of them is cassette tape art, made famous by Erika Iris Simmons. Her series, “The Ghost in the Machine,” takes multiple artists and creates them out of cassete tape and film reels. Her website, http://www.iri5.com/, shows so many amazing examples of her art and describes exactly what her series title means. I definitely recommend checking it out, but just in case, here are a few of my favorite examples from the series:



Here is my attempt at cassete tape art. I made mine a portrait of Hayley Williams from Paramore. It may difficult to tell considering Hayley’s most prominent feature is her orange or red hair, but here it is. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment